- Friendly sports environment where children have fun
- Teaches fundamentals
- Unique drafting system creates balanced teams
- Unique substitution system produces equal playing time
- Trained coaches and referees that encourage your child
- Life lessons shared at each practice and at games
- Quality game-day uniform, other sport-specific gear in a cool player box
- One-hour practices and one-hour games at excellent community facilities
- Every child receives an end-of-year award at a fun Awards Celebration!
- Top-notch volunteer coaches and refs that care about children having a fun experience
What is the Upward Sports Program?
Upward Sports is the world’s largest Christian-based children's sports league.
Last year, nearly 550,000 children in 48 U.S. states and Canada participated in Upward Sports Leagues and Camps hosted by more than 2,400 churches.
How is Upward Sports different from other youth sports organizations?
Upward Sports provides a fun sports experience based on healthy competition for kids, teaching skills for the sports arena and values for life.
Upward Sports creates a positive environment for kids to learn sport skills without the pressure of “win-at-all-cost” leagues.
With supportive coaches, equal playing time and a family-friendly schedule, Upward Sports Leagues are fun for the whole family.
Who can participate in Upward Sports?
Each year one million people around the world play, coach, referee or volunteer in one of the Upward Sports Leagues especially designed for Pre-K (4yrs old) through sixth-grade boys and girls.
What will a child take away from his or her experience in an Upward Sports Program?
Participants gain both athletic skills and values for success on and off the court - including sportsmanship, teamwork, integrity and respect.
Young athletes enjoy valuable game-time experience that improves their skills and builds healthy self-confidence as they learn from coaches who care.
But Upward Sports is even more than a game-day experience, providing youth with a supportive community and fun activities to help them develop character.
What if my child has never played sports or cheered before?
No problem, we are excited for he/she to join us!!! Upward Sports is set up to serve all skill levels in each sport.
How is it possible to give every child equal playing time?
Upward Sports offer competitive games through a drafting system created to balance talent on each team.
Combined with a unique substitution system, this enables us to provide kids with equal playing time over the course of a season.
Does a child’s family have to be a member of a church in order to for him/her to participate?
No, Upward Sports is a community-based kids sports program most frequently hosted by our church.
Children and volunteers of any faith – or no faith – participate in Upward Sports.